Thursday, June 10, 2010

this post about a bedroom tent turned into a movie review.

You know that part on The Holiday, when Jude, Cameron, and the little girls are all in that tent in the girls' room? With the cut-out stars hanging down? I want that tent in my room so bad. Berry kiss.

Also, I love that movie. I connect with it on so many levels.

A) England. I like England. It seems so magical, especially at Christmas.

B) Kate Winslet is a babe. She is such a believable actress; so good at what she does. And her character radiates goodness. She is so sweet. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for goodness sake! She has some good monologues too. Like the one at the beginning about unrequited love. And when she's talking about how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you... I feel her pain. But that's another post.

C) Arthur Abott, he's the cute old man that reminds me of a prophet. I like him a lot. And I like when he gives Iris the corsage. He cuts a nice suit!

D) Cameron Diaz is still a ditz, at least to me. She's real pretty, and I guess she plays the part well. But all in all, she's not my favorite actress. She sort of has my dream job in the movie though-- editing movie trailers.

E) John Krasinski is in it! For like 4 minutes. But hey, it's him. Happy red.

F) There's a part when Amanda first gets to England and she doesn't know what to do with herself, so she blasts Mr. Brightside. I love that part, for some reason... Choking on your alibi!

G) I don't really like Jack Black, either. But I like him in this movie. Iris, if you were a melody... I used only the good notes. Oh, and I like the part when he kisses Iris on the cheek, twice. Sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you twice and linger on the second kiss. It's awkward, but that's Jack Black for you.



H) Amanda's house is rad. I want those dark things that roll down in front of the windows.

I) Christmas fettucini!

J) I don't think Rufus Sewell knows how to play a good guy. Jasper, ew. What a jerk.

K) That bedroom tent. I already talked about it up there. But I want it so bad. That kinda goes along with Mr. Napkinhead. It is so funny, you will fall off your chair.

L) Hey Jude. He's unbearably handsome. I like his glasses. and his mannerisms. and when he shows up at the door in the middle of the night and flashes his charming smile. Aww yeah. I can't figure out the mathematics of this. I just know I love you.

The Holiday. It's a dang good movie. I recommend it.

3 comments:

jenna said...

i love this movie. and jude, oh jude. jude jude jude... i like this. and how instead of numbering you lettered.

kyliebrooke|s said...

i LOVE this movie. when i move back to provo, you will have a reason to come over a lot now, right?

don't forget that part where jude is a major weeper and then she runs (all the way) back and he's crying. :)

[love, kati] said...

uhhh.. so i have never seen this movie. but i really really want to. girls night? ;)
oh. ps. gilly on your sidebar is really creeping me out.