Thursday, July 1, 2010

does this ever happen to you?

you watch a bunch of shakespeare plays,
and then you can't stop thinking in iambic pantameter.
and you say phrases like:

"by my troth..."
"I pray thee..."
"How now, what news..."

and you all of a sudden have a bunch of things to say to people that you associate with:

"I love nothing in the world so well as you."
"I am sick when I do look on thee."
"If music be the food of love, then play on."
"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he is not for me. He that hath not a beard is less than a man, and I am not for him."
"I shall do thee mischief in the wood..."
"I say, I love thee more than he can do!"

It probably doesn't happen to you...

P. S. I sat really close to Quinn at Much Ado last night... Swoon. I probably could have caressed his arm if I wanted. No big deal.

No comments: